Lace closure Part 2: What are the Pros and Cons?
As promised, more info on the closures..
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
1. True protective hairstyle. None of your hair is exposed allowing it to rest and grow. Your hair is braided and protected underneath your weave and closure allowing optimum protective styling. This works particularly well for ladies who are balding or thinning or suffer from various forms of alopecia.
2. No Blending, No Worries! Making sure your tracks are covered that your hair is properly laid over the wefts of your weave will be a thing of the past.
3. Texture Isn’t an Issue. Natural haired ladies won’t have to constantly use heat to match the straight texture of their extensions, relaxed girls won’t have to braid, twist and curl their hair to match wavy and curly textures. You can just purchase a closure with the same texture as your extensions and not have to worry about any of that.
4. Color To-Go You dye your weave any color your heart desires without having to color your real hair to match. You no longer have to worry about damaging your real strands trying to color match your weave to your leave out.
WHAT ARE THE DISAVANTAGES?
2. Tweeking. Most closures requires a little tweeking to be perfect for one individual. For example, the width of your natural part should be the same width as the closure and very importantly, the scalp of the closure should match the natural color of your scalp. I do most of that for my clients. It always helps when the client is resourceful!
3. New growth. If the closure is sewn down onto the braids as an install (compared to a wig), it will grow back with the rest of the hair as the weave gets older. You should take an appointment to re-adjust the closure about every 4 weeks.
I will take more pictures over the long week-end!
Happy Easter to all. Jesus is the reason for the season!
Laurie HairStylist xox